1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sometimes, these lifelong NBA guys who enter the college coaching game succeed. I guess. Musselman at Nevada must have coached with his old man in the NBA at some point.
    But then:
    Clyde Drexler quit after two years at Houston. Didn't feel like recruiting.
    Jeff Bzdelik flopped at Colorado and Wake Forest after brief success with somebody else's players at Air Force.
    Sidney Lowe was a bust at NC State.
    Mike Dunleavy at Tulane. Enough said.
    Penny Hardaway will have a big year next year with his one-and-done freshmen on the roster. Then they'll turn pro and we'll find out if he can really do the job in two years.
    I must be missing somebody who was successful in college after being a career-long NBA guy.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

George Washington hires Jamion Christian of Siena. Had been at Mt. St. Mary's before that so he knows the territory.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still can't believe he made it to a Final Four.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Terry Porter has won six conference games in three years at Portland. They went 0-16 this year. 321 out 350 in the Sagarin ratings. Man there are some dismal teams at the bottom of that thing. NC-Ashville went 2-26? I get the teams that have to load up on paycheck games to make budget, but Ashville?

Damon Stoudamire paid his dues as an assistant. And still hasn't had a winning season in his third year at Pacific - though figure the two wins against Portland helped him get t0 4-12 this year.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Eric Musselman also coached the Kings for a hot second.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Sidney Moncrief went a solid 4-24 in his single season coaching at Arkansas-Little Rock.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Musselman and the rest of that Nevada coaching staff looked like high school coaches this year. No jacket.....just adidas coaching shirts.
    Looked bad.
    You're D1 coaches for crying out loud.
    Now, on the other side of that, the ND State coach that was wearing the t-shirt for the kid under the jacket......I dig that look.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Shoutout to Dan D’Antoni. The tournament is poorer for his absence.

Chef2 likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

At least we're spared this March from the sight of bloated-assed Bob Huggins, sitting on a barstool near the scorer's table in a poncho in case it rains.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also, fuck Avery Johnson.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No kidding.
    Loved DD.
    Get it out of the net, run like mad to the other end, first look from 30 goes up.

Draft saved Draft deleted