1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Best regular-season game of the last 30 years.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Metro bracket is going to be very interesting come next month. For the first three months of the season, the Caps were surging and far and away the best team in the division. In January, the Penguins were the class. Now, it's the Flyers surging. Who will peak at the right time?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was really wrong about the Flyers. The played the Rangers in a home and home after the Rangers had won 8 of 9 and were only 2 points out of the wildcard, and the Flyers looked like the much superior team. There are some players on that team putting it all together all at once. ... Travis Konecny, Sean Couturier, Kevin Hayes, Ivan Provorov on defense and Carter Hart is playing really well in goal. ... Add in van Reimsdyk, Giroux, Voracek and they are a pretty formidable team. I hate Philly, but a small part of me is always happy when Alain Vigneault is having success. It's the perfect kind of team for him to coach. Chuck Fletcher seems to have thought it all out pretty well.

misterbc and Liut like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I keep hearing all of this "we're all pissed, we should be better than this" talk coming out of the Caps' dressing room. I think they believe they can flip a switch in the second week of April and be good for the playoffs. I don't hold the same belief.

Liut likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Ouch. Except they deserved to be booed last season and this season.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Liut and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good lookin out. They had Game 5 of the Vegas series on NBCSN last night. Oh yeah, I watched. Never gets old.

Liut and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen the comments they made, but odds that Brandon Leipsic or Jack Rodewald play in the NHL again?

Leipsic, Rodewald draw NHL's ire over comments

Incidentally, I had never seen a pic of Connor McDavid’s girlfriend before. Thought it was Carrie Underwood for a sec.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I tweeted yesterday that I half hope the Caps nuke Leipsic now and half hope they keep him around until Hathaway can have a shot at him.
    He's nowhere near good enough to be that much of an asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted