1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What I can't wait to see is Disney pull the trigger on this, then scream that the WWL, etc., isn't bringing in the money that was expected and lay off dozens, if not hundreds, of employees. All because they want the cache of poaching Tony Romo.

Wasted big money on Rick Reilly. Overpaid to poach Katie Nolan and still haven't figured out how to utilize her. See a pattern here?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And married a woman muuuuch hotter the Jessica Simpson.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think Romo is pretty serious about his budding golf game, so I'm not sure he wants to work year-round for any network.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I expect CBS to pony up to keep Romo. Going to ESPN turns into a full-time, year-round job instead of six months.

And it depends where the next round of games go. Who's to say ABC/Disney won't pony up a shitload of money to take the SNF package from NBC? Or even the CBS AFC package. And grab a Super Bowl? ESPN is already paying the most of the four broadcasters for arguably the worst schedule. NBC pays the least for the best schedule -- and flex.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The NFL gonna tell Jerrah he can't call plays?

Draft saved Draft deleted