1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I went from excited to watch Survivor Series (even with 2 weeks build) to not giving a shit and likely not watching in a span of 8 hours.

Unpopular opinion alert: Daniel Bryan does nothing for me. Yawn.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I dont like Bryan either. Pet peeve, can he cheat some other way since we just had a 3 month low blow feud between the champ and Shinsuke?

Barons right though Rollins and Nak will put on a good show.

If nothing else I’m curious to see what kind of ending Rollins (Ambrose has to show up?), Charlotte (horsewomen?) and Lesnar (AJ isnt on the show now, so he has to show up here?) have......

The main event tag match looks pretty bad though. Shane vs Miz, I guess? Yawn.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting...

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Maybe if Shane can plant more seeds to a full heel turn it would be fine by perhaps stealing a pin from The Miz or tagging himself in. But are they going to have Shane turn on top of Bryan's turn?

Granted, the Survivor Series main event was supposed to be Reigns vs. Styles, so they might've felt the need to adjust. I disagree. Lesnar-Styles II would've been just fine for most, if not all.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its very weird overall. Isnt a smark crowd going to treat Bryan like a face vs Lesnar? Even casual fans, only days removed from the turn, are going to be confused as to how to react.

Will Bryan be a full fledged heel that gets real boos, or is his intensity going to illicit a becky lynch like postive reaction?

And which does the office actually want? (I could make the argument Bryan would never truly heat up as the white meat comeback guy hes been and this edge could actually get him back to where he used to be....)

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I imagine we will now have Becky/Ronda at Royal Rumble?

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Mania. Perhaps Charlotte wins the title back from Becky at the Rumble, then Becky later enters the Rumble and wins. Instead of challenging Charlotte for the rematch at Mania, she selects Rousey.

8. John B. Foster

You think the WWE are willing to wait that long?

Don't you think Becky would lose some steam if she loss the title to Charlotte? Or, fans will be behind her no matter what at this point?

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I have to imagine that giving Bryan the title last night is part of a broader rewrite of the Road to Wrestlemania storyline that was spurred by Roman Reigns sitting out.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Lose to Charlotte, maybe after a fluke pin or a 30-minute epic. Shake hands, look dejected. Get your steam back by coming out in the Rumble (after already having a match) and winning.

Steam regained instantly.

Fans don't stop getting behind people because they lose.

John B. Foster likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Storyline or not ... DAYUM!

12. John B. Foster

Since we are on the subject of Becky, does the WWE keep her off TV until she gets cleared?

Draft saved Draft deleted