1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Photos of himself are literally all I see on his Twitter feed.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you're a casual fan, who's going to remember that?

Plus, the Good Brothers have essentially been buried, so it just seems kinda meh to put them together now.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It's like when Muggsy Bogues and Manute Bol were teammates with the Bullets.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I love how the cameraman was barely able to keep both of them in the frame.

5. nietsroob17

6. Baron Scicluna

That duo has this scene running through my head:

DanielSimpsonDay and Batman like this.
  7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Alexa Bliss, but this is what I think about:

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

OK, pulling together a couple of threads so far, I don't think we've seen the end of Joe and Reigns for now. I think they have Miz come back and Joe costs Reigns the IC belt. Then we get another Reigns-Joe match on Raw, and Miz gets the belt back without them having to make Reigns look bad. Then you do some stuff with the Miztourage and the Good Brothers to set up Balor and Miz. Let them feud up to 'Mania, maybe setting it up with Balor eliminating the Miz at the Rumble. That feud could easily carry through February and March, and it doesn't waste the IC belt since that is going to be inconsequential to Reigns after he wins the Rumble.

9. nietsroob17

Finn and Sasha (not Bayley) have been teamed up for that mixed tag challenge, preventing the next chapter of NXT's greatest puppy love romance.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Man I forgot about that. Fantastic.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

OK, so I was thinking about this today. Because of what happened/finish of Jericho/Omega, the dream booking scenario went off in my head.

Royal Rumble: Entrant No. 30 - BREAK THE WALLS DOWN or Judas by Fozzy starts playing and out comes the Alpha Jericho.

Gets down to him, Shinsuke and insert random star/survivor from 1-5 entrant.

Lights go out, Come up. Omega is in the ring and eliminates Jericho. Nakamura ends up winning the Rumble.

Setting up Jericho/Omega II at Mania w/Nakamura vs. a retaining Styles for the strap.

I know it won't happen, but that would be pretty awesome IMO

EDIT: and I'm not saying Omega signs with WWE. The WWE has done one-off appearances before and this one would be an incredible one.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  12. Baron Scicluna

Or, do something that Jericho even did in his last run and have him somehow get out of the ring and "a fan" attacks him. The "fan" gets taken away by security, and, at the last second, his disguise comes off and it's revealed to be Omega.

Draft saved Draft deleted