1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Rollins and Ambrose are most certainly faces.

They were trending towards this problem when the Shield reuinted six months ago and took Strowman out before feuding with Miz, and then it went away when Roman got the virus. Back then, Strowman hadnt really gone full baby face.....now after Nicholas at Mania and Strowman being a full fledged good guy, its just plain stupid

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

So does Strowman get a stable, if so who? I don't see Strowman doing the underdog chasing storyline.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He’s where Rocky Maivia was for the first few years, before he turned heel and became The Rock.

Vince thinks the guy should be a star, so he gives him a way-over-the-top push. Fans are like “Who da fuq this?” and push back. Unfortunately, Roman’s not the second coming of Dwayne Johnson or Steve Austin because he doesn’t have the personality to pull off a charismatic heel turn. Whether Vince and his daughter recognize this is anyone’s guess.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Maybe Lashley and Balor team up with Stroman?!

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And now they're trying to stuff it down our minds that Becky is EEEEVILLL, yet the crowd was all about her tonight.

It's not going to work. She and Bayley are the "girls next door" and the spunky underdogs among the women, and fans would never boo them.

Then again, if they got fans to boo Sami Zayn (another plucky redhead with a ska-influenced entry song), you never know.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Indeed.

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Heres the rub, Sami was with the dastardly really good heel KO, and the fans LOVE them some Shane McMahon.

There’s no one in the womens division the fans will rally behind like Shane, and Becky has no foil like Kevin Owens.

She’d have to attack Daniel Bryan to get boo’d and even then I think they’d cheer in most towns.

9. nietsroob17

Mauro forever.

JRoyal likes this.
  10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

What I don't get is why they don't just lean into the fan reaction. Fans have shown they'll boo Charlotte when she plays the heel. They've shown they want to cheer Becky. Have Becky play the underdog who worked her way back to a shot at the title to have it stolen by her best friend, and have Charlotte do the whole "You're my friend, but let's be real, I'm a Flair and we all know I'm waaaaay better than you and always will be" thing. Stop trying to force fans to do what you want and just give them what they want.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Was I the only one that was impressed with how well Carmella did wrestling wise at SummerSlam? I mean, she did most of the spots in that match and she was actually the only one that caught Charlotte on her corkscrew moonsault.

I can see Becky causing Charlotte to lose the title at HIAC. Get the title off Charlotte, she doesn't need it.

Apparently Rowan tore his biceps, hence why New Day took the straps on Smackdown.

Totally shocked they didn't change the title to Drew Gulak.

Samoa Joe is fng awesome.

And now we've got the sHEELd ?

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted