1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

See, I've always thought of it like, here's this huge monster, who can be dominant, and then, if you can hang with him, suddenly he can break out some flying stuff out of his arsenal and just permanently throw you for a loop.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

On the Impact Wrestling front:

-Ethan Carter III is out
    -Bobby Lashley is out
    -They signed Gama Singh. Yes, THAT Gama Singh. Like the Great Gama Singh.

I'm expecting both EC3 & Lashley to sign with WWE in relatively short terms. Also, WWE is expected to announce officially that Candice LeRae, War Machine & Ricochet have been signed this week, possibly tomorrow.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How in the hell is Impact Wrestling still in business? They're the wrestling equivalent of Groundhog Day. Impact Wrestling comes out of its burrow, and if it sees the shadow of a random investor we get six more weeks of TV tapings.

4. Baron Scicluna

Bobby Lashey = newest member of Titus Worldwide.

5. Baron Scicluna

This Braun getting fired and destroying everyone and everything story is awesome.

First he shot puts some "security guys."

Then, he goes through catering, dumps tables, beats up Hawkins, then stands before a terrified carting guy holding a cake, stares at him, then takes a slice of cake.

Then a ref tells Kurt he's going to the TV trucks. Kurt: "OMG, they're worth $12 million!"

Now he's screaming at the folks in the truck, and ... He's just tipped over a fucking truck!

6. Baron Scicluna

And he just killed undefeated Wrestlemania competitor Michael Cole.

This has been incredible.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

#ThankYouBraun

I was almost figuring they'd have him destroy the set and they'd debut a new one next week, like they once did on Nitro with the old standing WCW logo

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was great forethought of the WWE production team to have seven angles of camera coverage, including one from on top of the truck, just n case he went after the truck.
    I guess when Braun gets in one of his moods you just put cameras on everything just in case.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

And Tom Phillips just happens to be backstage in full suit ready to take over?

I guess they learned their lesson when Brock flipped the broadcast table onto Booker and JBL, F5ed Cole and had Byron Sexton (shudder) do commentary by himself.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

I was thinking he would knock over the production truck with the crew inside.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I did like Booker giving a little shove to Cole as he bailed out. The Brain would have approved of that heel announcer move.

Tommy_Dreamer and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. nietsroob17

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted