1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Tiger last won a major in 2008. LeBron has sustained dominance for a longer period of time.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't matter because Bron Bron's getting swept out of his Finals misery ...

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He must post here.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I think that separates LeBron for Jordan for me is that LeBron can fill any hole on a team capably. He could play big minutes at center if you needed it because he's so strong and big enough. Whatever position you need filled on the floor he could go out there and do it. 14 years in the league and in the physical condition he's in right now, it's something I've never seen before.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is why I’ve consistently said Jordan isn’t really the comparison for LeBron.

Magic Johnson is.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, all the stuff going on in the playoffs, and its LeBron vs. Jordan.

Year after year.

You'd think this was an ESPN or Fox Sports shouting show.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He not only "could", but often has throughout his career. Just as he's often played every other spot. Sometimes in the same game.

He's the most position-less star in the history of basketball.

8. poindexter

Utah will make it seem like the third quarter last night never happened when they play next.

9. MisterCreosote

The Sixers are going to win the East.

Discuss.

10. poindexter

I find it interesting that Markelle Fultz is basically not part of the playoff rotation.

His biggest contribution this year is his YMCA jump shot and injuring their prize player.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm a Cavs fan, but a part of me wants to see LeBron go to Philadelphia to close out his career. The Cavs aren't winning another title, no matter who they bring in around him. And I'd love to see late-career LeBron primarily focused on setting up Simmons and Embiid for dunks 25 times a game and saved offensively as a closer for the end of the game. It'd be fun to watch him age that way.

12. MisterCreosote

Not only does he still look lost, the team looks completely disjointed when he’s in there.

A complete 180 from how they play with Simmons. It’s no coincidence McConnell is getting more minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted