1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Dammit...I knew it was the Blues who did it (I think Geoff Courtnall had a couple) but could have sworn it was against Dan Cloutier.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Less than three hours until faceoff.

I kind of want to puke.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked this part:

"But if you must be territorial about it, the West Coast kicked all the continental ass on this one. We saw them both through the power of the “Last” button on the remote; you in the east saw the insides of your eyelids, you candypants sissycowards. Why else do you think we developed caffeine and a workplace with desks to lay your disoriented heads? You should have toughed it out, rubbed some dirt on it and walked it off. After all, you’ll sleep when you’re dead."

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My no drinking on the weekdays thing is off for tonight. I watched Games 3 and 6 sober at home. Combined score: Carolina 10, Washington 2. NEVER AGAIN.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ratto's also been doing freelance columns for BANG during the playoffs, no doubt freeing Dieter for more Warriors hot takes.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Eh, go fetch a beer. Better yet, a six-pack.

I'll guard the remote.

Cosmo likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

I covered Don Waddell when he was an All-American defenseman at Northern Michigan
    He never played in the NHL but he worked for the Red Wings before becoming the GM of the Thrashers and now, the Hurricanes
    Terrific guy and he’s made some good moves, getting Hamilton and Neiderreiter and signing Mrazek, who blew for the Wings and Flyers
    Sorry Caps fans but I’m rooting for Carolina

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So ... How are things?

12. Jake from State Farm

3-3 going to OT

Draft saved Draft deleted