1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Best. Autocorrect. Ever.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The one shitty thing about the playoffs -- put the schedule out for the next round already. How tough is that?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, never ever said the Whalercanes will win Game 7, though I'd like to think they have a shot. But I would think Brind'Amour will look back at Game 2 as the one time when the Whalercanes gave them a game in Washington. Penalty-box processional wiped out Game 1, and when they're trying to spin Trevor van Riemsdyk as the "highlight" of Game 5, you're in trouble.

Officials did Ovechkin a favor by tossing him in the last two minutes of Game 6 for a misconduct. Those won't affect Game 7. Picking up a stupid match penalty out of frustration or anger might have.

Whalercanes have to do something about Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wilson in D.C. Have not so much as slowed them down in the Washington-based games of the series. Good idea by the coaching staff to get Dougie Hamilton off that assignment ... Ovechkin has crawled right into his head.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Definitely didn't say you said they'd win, Sam. I just needed to vent. I slept like shit and was in a foul mood this morning. That didn't help.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Understood. And, unless I have read him completely wrong, I think VB knows I was needling him - nothing more. Moddy? Eh, he's probably used to me by now. Tolerates me, anyway.

All good. Just because the handshake line could get interesting Wednesday night or early Thursday morning doesn't mean stuff needs to disintegrate here ...

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I did it intentionally because I can never remember how to spell his name - so that's what I call him now. I think it autocorrects to "my team disappears in the clutch."

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

*Insert "shooting blanks" joke here ... *

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow and Vombatus like this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Reason No. 64 why I want to be in charge of the music at an NHL Arena.....they redo the drop at center ice tonight..in between, on comes "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake.

10. Sam Mills 51

Hey ... at least you haven't single-handedly propped up the German rock-and-roll scene (and no, I'm not talking about The Hoff).

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone get HC off the top of the CN Tower.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not looking good .... :(

Draft saved Draft deleted