1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Marchand should be suspended three games for that shit last night. That wasn't a normal fight. That was a fucking assault. Fuck that little piece of shit.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's no Drew Doughty.

Marchand is a piece of shit of the highest order and deserves a suspension, but what the fuck is Eller doing celebrating and yapping at their bench up 7-0?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'd have to go back and watch the YouTube of Eller's celebration again ... but on first watch, it looked to me like he was celebrating at his own bench. He wasn't even looking at the Boston bench. Maybe he gave a glance or something that I missed. Here's the vid:

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A regular fucking Brian McCann, Marchand is.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Man, that Caps-Pens game was wacky as all hell last night. Five goals in the first eight minutes. For about 10 minutes of the second period, the Penguins appeared to have no one who had any clue how to play defense. Then for about 20 minutes after that, the Capitals looked as sloppy as a beer league team -- turnovers, failed zone clears, sloppy puck handling leading to easy Pittsburgh chances. Then Oshie scores twice in 21 seconds with about seven minutes left. Penguins won 7-6 in OT, but I'll be pleased with the Caps straight up stealing a point on the road. They didn't deserve it.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So back and forth. Teams took turns dominating for four-minute stretches.

Agreed - that was a good point steal.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What the hell is up with that schedule? Back to back, then five days off, then back to back followed by four days off. Really weird.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hate it as a fan - hard to get hockey-watching momentum! As a player, I wonder if there's something nice about, "OK - we're going to go hard for these two nights, and then five nights off."

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's no way this is the bye week this early, right? Are they even doing that anymore? Yeah, it is weird. I just noticed the Caps are at the Devils next Thursday. Going to try and go to that one. Prudential Center is an exceptionally nice area, easier for me to get to and tickets are generally reasonable.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, their bye week is mixed in with all-star weekend. They'll play in Toronto on Wed., Jan. 23 and won't play again until Feb. 1 at home against Calgary. So it's the five days after the all-star game. Basically, everyone's bye is mixed in with all-star weekend ... some teams will get Jan. 20-24 off, others get Jan. 27-31.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted