1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is remarkable.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Feels a bit like the Capitals, pre-2018.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They did really well to get this done quickly. The Rangers are looking for a new team president to replace Glen Sather, and supposedly, they really want John Davidson, who you'd guess will be eager to come back to NY. But with Columbus still in the thick of things, they can't move on that hiring. By all accounts they are willing to wait, but I had seen Yzerman's name in a report as a possible back up plan. I understand that the Red Wings job is a natural for him and it was probably going to happen anyway, but why leave anything to chance?

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I thought they looked pretty bad last night, too. It was 6-on-5 at the end, and the Caps couldn't get out of their own end.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They gave up a goal in the first 17 seconds of the game and then the last 30 seconds of the 2nd and could only score one. That's terrible no matter how you slice it. And now Oshie is done?
    Yeah, I'm a not-real-confident Caps fan right about now. They say don't worry until you lose at home. Hell, I was worried after they won two at home.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Odd. Bruins are tied 2-2 with the Leafs, have lost a home game, and have exactly as many Cups in this century as do the Caps, yet the B's fan base isn't terribly anxious about their series -- yet. Different mindset.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Slept on it. "They played better" was a relative term, considering Monday's debacle. If the Caps don't win Game 5, the series is done Monday in Raleigh. And I really don't see a roadmap to a Caps repeat even if they do win. The Isles and Blue Jackets are better teams, not to mention whoever wins the Bruins-Leafs series. Maybe they bring DSP back up after the Oshie injury? At least he's been playing in Hershey. Jaskin hasn't played in two months, outside of the meaningless finale against the Islanders.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand how they went from "didn't lose to the Canes in the regular season" to "two of the worst Caps showings of the season" so quickly.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caps just recalled DSP

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted