1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Not a clue. It's right in the Bay Area

Was there an alt channel in your area?

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

No, I have digital
    Gotta be either a Cox or Rhode Island issue.
    It's one of those car auctions NBCSN often shows during down time.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

USA, maybe? They had a game earlier. And don't forget some games were on Golf last season.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Based on the shenanigans at the end of this one, Sharks-Vegas is going to be an awesome series!

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For a while in the second period, I thought it might come down to something like sudden death dodgeball, with just the goaltenders going at it.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Since you're nowhere near Vegas or SJ, it may have been a glitch. I saw some other people complaining around the country.

NBC hasn't been great about the playoff broadcast distribution in the first round in the past. Random announcer changes, poor promotion when games are on USA or somewhere else, useage of local feeds instead of shelling out money for a higher end national production, etc.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good thing about the first round is that the local/regional affiliates still carry them. So I'll get Joe B and Laughlin on NBCSW instead of having to listen to Pierre bleat on tonight.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One down, 15 to go.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Effing Eh!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Has a team ever won the Cup with a goaltender as bad as Martin Jones? I saw him in person at the SJ-Vegas warmup to the playoffs a couple of weeks ago and Jones gave up a couple of the lamest goals (I was in 2nd row off glass near faceoff circle and had literally front row seat to shots). Sharks have great lines and grit and stars (Karlsson, Burns, Pavelski, Kane) but that goaltending is so bad.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

holy shit -- 6 goals in a row for CBJ vs. TB.

12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

There should be a trigger warning for any hotel housekeepers on this epic bedshitting in Tampa.

Draft saved Draft deleted