1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It’s reported today Ondrej Kase has a concussion. That is 100 percent on Drew Doughty. Doughty assaulted Kase in a preseason game. He has become a bigger asshole than Corey Perry. If it wasn’t for Tom Wilson, Doughty would be the biggest asshole in the league.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Maybe you’re thinking of somebody else...Krug has averaged 79 games a year since he broke in.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He missed the playoffs the year before.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You need to get out of your Southern California bubble if you think Doughty is even close to the worst in the league.

Here is the video of the "assault". The only headshot that could have done any damage comes from his teammates skate. Yep, almost on par with Wilson.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Right, didn't he miss the end of last year's playoffs with an injury? That's why it's fresh in my mind.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Arizona is a good choice, might be a year away.

Florida is going to be a playoff team this year. They were a point away last year. Lot of young talent on that team.

misterbc and JC like this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not arguing, I thought Florida would make it last season. But curious: Which playoff team (or teams) from last year do you think whiffs this year? Most of the East playoff crew appear to have at least maintained. Not sure which one I'd point to as unlikely this year. We can only hope it is the Penguins but I don't see that happening.

8. ChrisLong

Video proves my point. Doughty needed 3 strides to get to Kase. Led with a lower arm shot to the throat that jammed Kase’s head into the glass. Landed four more punched, backed off, then charged in again to land a couple more punches. That’s when Montour showed up. He could have caused serious damage, but his boot only mashed Kase’s nose, causing it to bleed.
    JC, I did get out of my So Cal bubble and visited your area a few weeks ago. Canadians are so nice. Where did you immigrate from again??

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow the season hasn't started yet and the resident Ducks apologist is already in postseason form.

JC likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If Columbus ships Panerin, it might be the Jackets. Not sure the Devils maintain their spot. Those would be my two guesses. I think the Bolts, Leafs, Bruins, Caps and Penguins are pretty solid to make it. Flyers learning toward in but not as close to a sure thing.

11. ChrisLong

Apologist?? Jeez. When they suck I say they suck. When they get screwed I say they got screwed.
    He told me to get out of my So Cal bubble. Well the Ducks were playing the Kings. What am I supposed to comment on, a Canucks-Senators game??
    How about this season we all become a little more analytic and a little less antagonistic. Me included.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That’s not what the video shows. He grazed his head. Duck goggles like usual. The biggest shot he took was from Montours skate. I guess you missed Kases head shot on the goalie that started this. The biggest shot he took was from Montour’s skate. I guess you missed Kase headshot on the goalie that started this.

Nobody deserves to be punished by watching a Senators Canucks game. That’s just cruel.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted