1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The transformation of the Warriors in the last three weeks has been pretty phenomenal, on two fronts.

*Draymond stopped being a dick
    *The Warriors illustrating that KD is a luxury, not a necessity

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Last night's game in particular really showcased just how damn good a coach Steve Kerr is. He's probably the most underrated in all of professional sports.

I mean, Looney, McKinnie, Bell, Cook and Jerebko all logged serious minutes in a clinching game...and the Dubs didn't miss a beat. Compare that to the home team, which couldn't manage a decent shot out of a timeout when their life dependent on it.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm thinking deep down, the Splash Brothers wanted to send the message that they are the heart-and-soul of the franchise, and they can win without him just like they did before.

Iron_chet likes this.
  4. poindexter

I don't watch pregames.
    I almost spit out my beer when i turned the tv on and saw that Golden State starting lineup.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same pundits who declared the Warriors DOA in Houston are now singing their praises after sweeping Portland. What will they say if GSW loses to Milwaukee-Toronto? The extent of Durant's injury still a mystery, but there's a chance Cousins could be back.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I hope he has a good virus protection software.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good catch. Can't even blame it on my phone. Fixed ...

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Looney has been good to very good. Don't know if I would lump him in with the other four based on his playoffs. That said, Jordan Bell...YIKES. So much for Draymond's successor on D. Quinn Cook iso ball is also nonideal.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The LeBron stink must have been too much for Rachel given how much space she's giving Windwhores

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, watching Cook I can't believe how bad his ballhandling is (turnover waiting to happen) and how as a short guy he lacks lateral quickness or even any quickness (I figure if you're small you should be able to move your feet and stay in front of someone at least). He can make shots which is nice but damn big liability on D. But there is a great article on The Athletic about how he's friends with everyone and a great guy. I vow to no longer cringe when he's in the game.

As for Looney, his slowness is now translating into "patience".

11. poindexter

Wait, you mean the 9th and 10th players on the Warriors aren't future all-stars?

12. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Isn't that top part just applying logic?

Like, if I though Houston would beat the KD-less Warriors, when the Warriors won, I'd sing their praises. And if I knew the NBA, I'd say the Blazers likely wouldn't be much unless both guards went off. (We can discuss the logic of writing off GSW, but in a series where every game was within six points, guessing that one team losing one of the two best players would have an impact isn't that much of a leap).

As for the rest, Milwaukee is very good. It'll be a bad matchup for Cousins. Having KD might be vital. Milwaukee gives up a lot of threes but contests super well. Hopefully it'll be quite a series.

Draft saved Draft deleted