1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 college football coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Does 5 years/30 million get him?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The segments Chip does on ESPN are really bad.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Saban money.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dabo at $40m and Jimbo at $39m.

Swinney and Fisher have CFB’s biggest buyouts

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love Chip.
    If I'm a school, and he hasn't coached college football in several years, you are out of your bloody skull if you think I'm paying him 11 million right out of the shoot.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's just really awkward. You can tell he has no desire to talk on TV. He talks really quiet and really fast.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chip was an excellent college coach, a not very good NFL coach and horrible NFL personnel guy, and at all times, not a stellar public communicator.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And the computer thing they have him use is slow and sucks and it's discombobulating to hear him not really wanting to be there and not using that computer screen to the max.

Really don't like those segments. He should do the talking and let someone else handle the computer to emphasize his points and X's and O's.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

UCLA seems to care about being good at football only while it's actively engaged in a coaching search. Then whatever coach is hired gets to spend the next six years reversing all progress that has been made.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You asked what it would take to get him, not what he should get.

He's still got some money on his deal from the 49ers. He ain't that young. He grinded as an assistant for a long time at places like UNH. I bet he's enjoying his freedom (though why he's staying in N.H. is anyone's guess, unless there's some family issue).

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Many people like living in New Hampshire.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I lived there for six months, and it was seven months too long. I also was in Nashua, which might as well be North Lowell. Lots of tax-free shopping, but not an ounce of charm.

Draft saved Draft deleted