1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Raw's been meh, so far, but I like the Smackdown to USA commercial with Bray talking politely to the receptionist.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Main event starring without a Cena sighting yet doesn't bode well for a decent finish....

3. Baron Scicluna

Ending was a nice mess, and the Rumble just got a heckuva lot more interesting.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Your winner ... and NEEEEEWWWWW WWE World Heavyweight Champion ... CURTIS AXEL!!!

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

But seriously, with Brock apparently on the show next week ... do they actually put him IN the Rumble? Cena, too?

6. Baron Scicluna

I'd say yeah. They'll have it so Reigns doesn't actually get beaten for the belt, then invokes his rematch clause for WM.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that, only because I can see the Rumble booking now.
    Reigns gets No. 1 and spends the first 20 minutes pulling an Austin -- a far less entertaining Austin -- and cleaning house against a parade of jobbers. Knowing WWE and the hard-on they have for Reigns, they'll probably have him never face more than one person at a time.

8. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, that'll probably happen. The interesting part comes at the end when we find out who Vince has to screw Reigns out of the title.

As much as it won't happen, it'd be a perfect setup for a Cena heel turn.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd be OK with Reigns dropping the title at the Rumble to either Cena in a heel turn situation (Though it won't happen) or a returning Lesnar.
    More than anything I want Lesnar-Reigns as the WM main event. That match was awesome last year and Reigns is much better built this year to believably go toe-to-toe with him.
    My guess is this is being done to give Reigns the big coronation he never got but was probably in line for last year before the world turned against him.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It's exciting the way the Survivor Series tourney was exciting, but I'm afraid its going to turn out the same way.

I was a little more excited to see a Rumble without Roman because his opponent is so wide open for Mania......I could envision Roman vs so many guys, Lesnar, Cena, Jericho, Ambrose. If Reigns was just squashing Sheamus elsewhere on the show it feels less predictable somehow.

Now it kind of feels like an easy way to get the belt off Reigns so he can fight HHH.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, who does AJ Styles get jobbed to first?

12. Baron Scicluna

Cena. "Dream match" although you know they won't have an Indy wrestler who the smarks like get over on their guy. Owens, at least spent enough time in NXT to lose some enough of his indy cred for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted