1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can see Joe as another surprise entrant in the Rumble, or even another Cena US title challenger, but they won't do anything with him otherwise. He's just not someone they'll embrace.

I also finally got the Network for a holiday gift. Now I see why everyone was raving over "Breaking Ground". Fantastic show.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Samoa Joe, I'm kind of with schiz. I think he's done some really great work in the past, but I think it's more a matter than he maximizes the potential he has. He just looks kind of tubby and out of shape to me - even though he probably isn't - so I think that probably limits his main event marketability. Still, I'd promote him to the main roster, since he's kind of worked his way through NXT. I definitely think he's a valuable, experienced guy at the very least, just not a world champion, except maybe in a carefully built, Mick Foley way.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I've also not been blown away by Joe in NxT. As for breakout nxt star, I hope to be impressed with Hideo Itami. Pre injury I found him underwhelming and a distant 4th behind Sami KO and Finn. Crews is much better than him at this point. I hope he finds his WWE legs and I end up seeing what others see.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I do love the idea of someone from NXT getting a spot in the Rumble. That would be an awesome moment if done right but I don't know if they would give it enough time to do it justice for someone like Balor if you're bringing the Demon in (Which I would contend they shouldn't until his first PPV match)

5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Thought some of you may enjoy these 2015 stats:

Most wins: Roman Reigns with 75 wins
    Most losses: Adam Rose with 54 losses
    Most draws: Roman Reigns with 6 draws
    Most PPV wins: John Cena, Seth Rollins & Neville with 8 each (NXT specials counting as PPV's)
    Most wins on RAW: Roman Reigns with 31 wins
    Most wins on SD: Roman Reigns with 37 wins
    Most wins on NXT: Baron Corbin with 17 wins
    Most wins on Main Event: Titus O'Neil with 17 wins (random eh? haha)
    Most wins on Superstars: Kalisto with 12 wins
    Most successful title defenses: John Cena with 19 defenses

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Chris Jericho is apparently backstage for Raw tonight.

Beginning another run, perhaps? Fozzy isn't touring around Mania time, IIRC.

7. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

I thought Samoa Joe did a pretty good job carrying Balor at the last NXT show, and I say that as a Balor fan.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I could go for him doing a surprise heel turn as a stooge for the Authority, setting up a quick feud with Reigns for either the Rumble or Fastlane.
    Have they announced a Rumble PPV opponent for Reigns yet?

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

OK, which one of the new JOB Squad is Al Snow?

12. Baron Scicluna

I guess Slater, but Snow was much funnier.

I guess Rose is Gillberg.

Draft saved Draft deleted