1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Presidential Election Poll No. 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Will choice of running mate make any difference in your vote?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    97.3%
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She should stay with Biden

He's tanned, rested, ready and experienced.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agreed with you on Warren and Castro, but no way on Kasich. I get the idea, but you can go for a boring white male centrist without going for a Republican. Kaine is a far more palatable choice if you're going there. The primaries showed pretty conclusively that even Republicans don't give a shit about Kasich. And Hillary would be the second oldest president ever inaugurated -- as a Democratic voter, I don't want a Republican in chair number two.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

HRC knows this thing is wrapped up. The safe pick is NOT Kasich. That's suicidal.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Clinton picking a Republican for VP is an excellent way to turn talk of Bernie voters revolting into reality.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Picking Kasich would:

1) Chase off ALL the Bernie Bros;

2) Chase off the liberal/militant wing of the Obama coalition, who feel Obama's main failing has been constantly attempting futile compromises with Republicans fixated on destroying him. Most Democrats DO NOT WANT cooperation and bipartisanship with the teabaggers; they want to DEFEAT them.

3) Weaken her own support among feminists, since Kasich is anti-choice.

4) Totally chase off any vestigial support for Dems from organized labor, since Kasich has been a willing warrior to pass Koch Bros union busting legislation.

7. Lugnuts

The Brenie Bros aren't coming to the polls, guys.

They're gonna be stoned sitting on the floor of their dorm rooms.

The "youth vote" never turns out, and this ain't the cycle that the trend reverses.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

2016 is already a weird year.

I envision debates with Super Bowl-level audience numbers.

I also envision near record-low voting numbers for a presidential election.

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Seventy to 80 pct. of them will go to the polls and most of that group will vote for HRC with Johnson and perhaps Jill Stein picking up the anti-HRC segment.

Selecting a conservative Republican, which is what Kasich is, would be repulsive to liberal and centrist Democrats, including me. He's not in line with Democrats on any policy issue, no matter how moderately he speaks.

Besides, she is going to win by a big margin and has absolutely no need to do anything desperate.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  10. Lugnuts

Where a VP stands on policy doesn't matter to me so much.

Kasich has some integrity.

That quality is having an increasingly high value.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Going back to Warren, Massachusetts fills its Senate vacancies differently. Yes, the governor appoints a replacement, but then an election is called in 120 days to fill the remainder of the term. So a Republican holding the seat would likely be temporary.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiment, which is why I would have considered Kasich over Hillary. But as her VP? No way.

Draft saved Draft deleted