1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Holmgren did it too.

However, Weeb Ewbank won two championships with the Colts in the pre-Super Bowl era and then won a Super Bowl with the Jets.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

I think it was a money thing, was it not? He got a $4 million, unconditional buyout.

EDIT: Nice crossthread, though.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The cupboard was bare when he got there, mostly via free agency, and not much was done to improve it by management. But week in and week out, playcalling was unimaginative and players looked uninspired. Tomsula may just be a career assistant-type.

4. Steak Snabler

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well, return to the Chargers anyway.

Michael_ Gee and Steak Snabler like this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If Mike Smith was flying anywhere for a job interview, he would probably miss the plane because he hadn't saved any time for TSA screening.

Chef2 likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That's what Jed York looks like? Checks off all the douche boxes. It's like rooting for a team run by Jeremy Piven.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Quoting your grandfather quoting Vince Lombardi? Dude. And these attempts at jokes are horrific.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, shouldn't have forgotten Holmgren. Admittedly, the pre-Super Bowl era is not my strength.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Jimmy T? This guy can't be real.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jed. The 49ers fan base doesn't trust you and that is the problem. That is why you hired a guy with next to zero experience after forcing out the best coach this team has had for a long time.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Uh-oh, fans won't like hearing this.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 1m1 minute ago
    Jed York: "My family has owned this team since before I was born and they’ll own the team after I’m gone."

On the bright side, if he reaches his previous levels of bullshit and bravado, maybe there is a chance for new ownership. Where it's going to get real fun and Snyder-like is when they start suing people for walking away from the PSLs.

Draft saved Draft deleted