1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Having 11 second-round picks in the NBA is like having 11 2002 Ford Taureses in your front yard. Yeah, one or two of them might run halfway decent, but all it really does is make you an eyesore and a neighborhood joke.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It is kind of crazy now that a second-round pick in the NBA is like an undrafted free agent in the NFL.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Careful tape editing and pray they don't ask questions about heart or team chemistry.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

D'Antoni to Rockets per Twitter.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Good luck! Yikes. I suppose he'll maximize Harden's contributions on the offensive end, but it doesn't seem like he's the guy who would get him to finally play hard on defense all the time.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Draymond Green kick guy in the nuts, pull down guy, then throw up arms like you did nothing.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That guy doesn't exist.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Neither likes defense. They're perfect for each other.

Chef2 and sgreenwell like this.
  9. sgreenwell

You never know. I'm a Celtics fan, and at least IIRC, I saw Paul Pierce go from an indifferent defender to a good one with Garnett and Thibodeau pressuring him. I mean, I wouldn't want to bet any some of money on Harden becoming a good defender, especially with his new coach in the fold, but it's not 0 percent to me.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, the rumor mill is churning that the Sixers are looking to deal Jahlil Okafor to New Orleans for the sixth pick, which they'd like to then use to take Buddy Hield.

I'd like this much better than the Nerlens Noel-for-Jeff Teague rumor out there, even though the Sixers need a point guard. Ish Smith played pretty well for them last year, and wants to come back.

11. sgreenwell

I'd rather have Noel than Teague too, given their ages. Smith seems like a perfectly capable replacement level guy while the PG of the future develops. I'm assuming Dunn isn't making it to #6, or they like Hield better?

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you're Denver, package the 7 and a 2nd rounder, along with a protected first-rounder next year to Boston for the 3 so you can get Hield.

Otherwise, they're gonna suck for a long long longer time.

Draft saved Draft deleted