1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ventura out with White Sox.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dick Enberg retired today too. Not getting the Scully treatment but a major, major broadcaster in his own right.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine the Mets beating MadBum. Of course, Syndergaard is no slouch. But if he lets anyone one base, it's a free trip to second as he can't hold runners on.

If Syndergaard is sharp and MadBum is his normal self, should be one helluva matchup. Seems like a 1-0 or 2-1 kind of deal.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be something if there is someone associated with the game today who finally retires in, around 2082 or so?

Batman likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just curious are the Giants going with Bum because he's done this before or is they being cautious with Cueto? Based on rest and the season performance I'd go with Cueto but I also could have missed something.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How's the 5 inning uniform snipping Condor doing today?

7. HanSenSE

Samardjia would have gone Monday if the game was needed. Cueto starts Friday vs. Cubs, if ...

8. Spartan Squad

It's a nice thing to have two pitchers you can go to in a winner take all game. I was just curious why they went with one over the other.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Come back and mock me all night Wednesday, but hard throwers who like to work ahead and pound the zone are the kind of guys the Giants eat up in the playoffs. Halladay, Lee, Verlander, Scherzer, Strasburg, etc. have been no match.

10. HanSenSE

Hard not to argue with Bumgarner. Thinking Bochy wants to go with the experienced hand.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Come on, man.

12. Spartan Squad

That sounds like the answer is "because Game 7," which I totally buy. I just was curious if it was that or because Cueto was still nursing something.

Draft saved Draft deleted