1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2016.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Jeez, Phil. That's an up-and-down he makes 95 times out of 100. But he's trending in the right direction ... which means he's gonna let down a lot of bettors come Masters time.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

During the telecast they were guessing he gets that up-and-down about 75% of the time. I thought that was kind of low.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I don't know. In the interview on the PGA Radio app, Taylor mentioned almost immediately that he gets to go to Augusta this year.

4. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

Given his background, Masters means a ton to Taylor but the two-year exemption is better in the long run. I don't think Phil hit a particularly good pitch shot but he should make that putt 10 out of 10 times. Left to right is much easier for a lefty. He just hit it too hard and through the break. The winning family shots have become pretty cliche but the Taylors was very cool. Dufner grabbing Amanda's butt was the best ever, though.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

As a left-handed golfer (who used to be OK in his younger days) I would take a slice putt over a hook put every day of the week. Just fits my eye better. Maybe I'm just weird. But I don't care who you are, no one in creation "should make that putt 10 out of 10 times." We've seen pros gack two-footers (hell, I even recall Moobs Figjam doing that a few times).

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Masters is a good tourney to get into because a) it's a smaller field b) only half really have a shot at it

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Plight of a non-card holding pro; turns out Taylor was using a simple carry bag (not the big fat tour bag) because he did not want to pay the extra luggage fees for exceeding the weight limit. Jeez, guess that's the plight of being the 447 ranked player in the world, trying to save a few bucks on luggage fees. I'm still really glad for him.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Dean and Deluca is the new title sponsor at Colonial. Ben Hogan just sprang up and asked, "Are you serious?"

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ben Hogan was a huge fan of Felicity, tho.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Assman!

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wonder what their tee markers will look like.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dean and Deluca sounds like an Olympic ice skating mixed pairs.

Draft saved Draft deleted