1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 College Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 28, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wright St.?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Second game at Vandy washed out.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wright State Raiders, pretty mid-major decent team from Dayton. Joe Smith pitched there and he was filthy in college.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rhode Island sends South Carolina to the loses bracket for the tournament's first big upset. Looks like maybe that 0-2 run in the SEC tournament was something to worry about after all.

Ole Miss on the ropes, too. Down 6-5 to Utah in the 10th, and they've been running uphill all night

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Utah is much better than its record might indicate, as it proved tonight. Utes couldn't get outside in January/ February and played 18 straight games on the road to start the season because of the weather. They also got a good transfer pitcher from Akron after the Zips dropped baseball.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And now they get to face BC! It's kismet!

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What the hell happened to Wichita State?
    I figured they would be down after Uncle Gene left, but my word.........They ended 21-37 this year.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tulane gets a two-run homer with two outs in the top of the ninth, and Ole Miss goes two-and-barbecue in its own regional. Ole Miss' bullpen, usually very, very good, blew two leads today and another last night.
    Didn't see that one coming.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

After the drowning and then having to sit around thinking about it probably not sleeping with the rainout, it probably shouldn't be surprising Vandy came out with a dud. But, man, 15-1 to Xavier.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Xavier scored 13 runs in the seventh inning. Things obviously got out of hand.
    The tough part is, they now have to turn around and play again instead of having a day to regroup.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Haha. A week ago, I would have bet a million dollars I wouldn't give a shit about BC. But that's what a message board will do.

Draft saved Draft deleted