1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 American Idol Final Season thread - is anyone gonna watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Flash

Flash Active Member

Yeah, I think the image people would love to get a hold of her. Not likely to happen, though. Something tells me there would be resistance and tears.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Ridiculous choices. Season is starting to lose me already.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Who had you fired up?
    With who was performing, I was disappointed in Jenna Renae and Emily Brooke leaving. Sonika was fine, but a female soloist isn't winning Idol. Gianna had a good performance, but a teenage female soloist isn't winning Idol.
    I wasn't really torn up about who was sent home. The potential for this week? Different story. Gonna get ugly.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Emily Brooke, without a doubt. I really thought she had the chops to do some damage, but she faltered on solo night, and when she got next to Lauren Alaina, you could see she just didn't have the same country power. Still, the weird girl got through? Garbage.

5. Rhody31

Bringing on Jeneve made sense from the standpoint of her being a total wild card. I have more beef with Gianna and Sonika making it because Gianna is just a younger Sonika. Pick one to be the season's soloist and move on. Emily had one rough performance and it came at the worst time, but I'd love to know how she dropped that far down the list to begin with. I had her as the top ranked girl for that group with Jenna Renae behind her.
    My guess is Emily being out means they like Olivia Rox/Amelia Eisenhauer more. One of them is going to take a spot, but if both get in we're looking at a max of five guys out of the 14 names because there's no way Jenn Blosil and Shelbie Z shouldn't get in.
    If you really want to delve into the madness, I broke this week down here
    With who's left on American Idol, only one thing is certain - someone is getting screwed

Gator likes this.
  6. Rhody31

Wednesday was a pile off garbage until the end. They made it pretty clear they knew who they wanted to advance before anyone sang. The judges were ridiculous with their comments tonight.
    Shelbie Z, the big country girl, was solid but she's definitely getting screwed. Last week I tweeted about Jenna Renae getting screwed and she liked the tweet; I then tweeted you know a girl's getting screwed when she likes the tweet about her getting screwed by the judges. Well, same thing happened tonight with Shelbie. Judges were being a little too picky and that screams producer interference. I tweeted as much, she liked it, tweeted about her liking it means she's getting screwed and she liked that as well.
    I'm hopeful, but I can see this being the worst season since 12.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Quick thoughts:
    * Kory should have gone through over Manny
    * Shelbie Z got screwed badly.
    * Tristan McIntosh has a mother that is serving in the Army. She surprised her at her audition. Is she ever going back to the Army? It seems she's been home a very long time.
    * Lee Jean keeps bolstering his case. Kid had a tremendous duet.
    * While I don't like him, Trent Harmon is starting to grow on me. Guy has a voice that is very versatile.
    * Another versatile voice belongs to Dalton Rapattoni, but one way to get on my shit list is to fake cry. I can see through that garbage a mile away.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  8. Rhody31

After tonight's picks, this has a very good chance to be the worst season of all time, beating both 12 and 13, two seasons where the producers had very heavy hands.

9. Flash

Flash Active Member

Yeah, I don't get the Manny over Kory thing.

I remain a Dalton fan.

10. Rhody31

Manny was taken over Kory because Manny isn't white. J-Lo has a record of pushing undeserving hispanic contestants through and producers are more than aware of the backlash when WGWGs continue to do well while minority contestants don't. Season 12 was the greatest example and they were raked over the coals for it.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No.

12. Rhody31

Contestants J-Lo's gone to battle for, despite pushback from the other judges and fans.
    Season 10: Stefano Logano
    Season 11: Jeremy Rosado
    Season 12: Lazaro Arbus and Devin Veliz
    Season 13: Emily Piriz
    Season 14: Quentin whatever his name was but, to be fair, all the judges were pushing him.

Draft saved Draft deleted