1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

lcjjdnh and sgreenwell like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wait two days. The gamer will get high and take a worse deal.

Stoney and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is where oop would drop a crack deriding your reading comprehension skills.

I didn't say you praised the choice, instead I said you praised the video, and contrasted that with how you now seemed to be mocking it. Similar to how you now seem to be ridiculing Vivek's behavior in the video, whereas back then you told us how smart he was and denied our claims that he was responsible for the Stauskas pick.

Something between then and now sure appears to have altered your perception of that video.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. LongTimeListener

@qtlaw is the biggest Vivek fan in the world.

Stoney likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Stoney said:
    Elliotte Friedman said:
    qtlaw said:
    Fantastic insight into the draft process from the Sacramento Kings here:

Inside the Sacramento Kings’ Draft War Room

Enjoyable seeing old school guys, Mullin, Richmond, listen to analytics presentation.
    qt,

If I was a Kings fan, I would be frightened by that video. They have very little intel on what is happening in front of them. The GM thinks Parker is going 1 and Stauskas is going to Boston. He is right about Randle to the Lakers, but that's about it.

And, is is just me, or does it look like the owner makes the call on Stauskas? That's a weak organization.
    Agreed. What I noticed was how they seemed to ignore what the two analytic nerds had said at the time of the actual pick. These two give a presentation explaining that Payton is the better pick than Stauskas because of his defense and he "would be a much better fit." At the end the room applauds with Bratz announcing that they were "right on" with everyone else agreeing.

And then the time of the pick comes, with the choice between Payton and Stauskas, and the they pick .....Stauskas? Umm, what? And it appears with the call being made by the owner almost on a last second whim.
    I believe the reading of the video is not accurate; the analytics guys were "crowd-sourced" to provide input but they were not the decision-makers; that was D'Alessandro, Mullin, Bratz, Richmond and my sense was D'Alessandro wanted Stauskus if he couldn't get Embiid. The analytics guy said Payton fit better but he was not an employee just an import.

Ranadive did not make the choice, he just agreed. Look that guy is smart and he's the primary owner, of course he's going to have input; that's the modern ownership thinking.

I was/am wrong.

I only read my first post not this one.

I was a fool for backing Vivek.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good for Boogie. Kings are a train wreck.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Lakers clean house. Jim Buss, Mitch Kupchak out, Magic new president, new GM coming.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Chevy Chase for Head Coach?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Luke Walton just googled realtors, and doesn't know why.

10. LongTimeListener

Johnson also said in an appearance on ESPN's First Take that should he get the job, his first call would be to retired Lakers star Kobe Bryant.

About what?

Damn, watching Kobe coach a bunch of sorry-ass lazy players would be unbelievably fun.

This is such a disaster waiting to happen. How many times has Magic shown himself not to be adept at anything basketball-related besides playing it?

sgreenwell and Liut like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He wants Kobe to be a part of it, but not to coach or GM.
    And before anyone else says it.......Phil ain't going back.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is he still with the Dodgers? The yet-to-play-a-game LAFC of the MLS?

Draft saved Draft deleted