1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 NHL season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was waiting for someone to post that.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Eight wins in a row for the Caps, including a 5-0 win against Columbus, 6-0 win against Chicago and a 5-2 win against Pittsburgh.

YO.

At Pittsburgh Monday will be a very interesting game. Pens will be angry.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

They slept through the first 30 minutes today.

Thank God the Flyers suck.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus, Caps went from playing at tight game to an absolute laugher in just over 6 minutes. And I love the sequence of goals: great faceoff execution, great transition offense, dumb fucking luck and because why not.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But Holtby is on the bench! They're killing me! It would be nice, BTW, if Oshie could put the biscuit in the basket.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Maybe he can get a shortie because that's about the only thing missing from this game

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I got home just in time to see four goals in like five minutes. As I said on Twitter yes, I know it is only January and it don't much matter now. Still, they ain't sucking and I like that.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That tic-tac-toe from Backstrom to Ovechkin to Niskanen was freaking nuts. The passes on both Williams goals (from Johansson and Backstrom) were crazy beautiful.

There is real value to winning that division. I know the PT is generally the kiss of death in the NHL, but I'd rather have that and a first-round series with Philly or Carolina or the like than have to deal with Pittsburgh or CBJ in the first round.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If y'all care about this sport at all, you need to get to NBCSN pronto. This Caps-Pens game is bonkers.

HC and ChrisLong like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted