1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

God, this final segment is just dragging like crazy. This is just some terrible acting.

2. Baron Scicluna

OK, between Stars and Stripes Forever and Steph's dancing, that was some amusing Unintentional Comedy.

But that overall segment blew monkey balls. The crowd was totally asleep.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the New Japan show that Ross provided commentary for? I'm watching it via "means," about halfway through the 3.5 hour show. Some really good wrestling, both flippy-floppy stuff and strong style. Ross is doing a fine job, although it is a bit clear that he's either rusty or just losing a bit of his fastball because of his age. However, I've always liked Striker and he's provided plenty of history and background on some of the matches.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Unless Cena looking so sad and defeated is going somewhere (spoiler alert it's not) that segment was a waste. It felt like they were teasing Ziggler and Ryback attacking Cena but nothing. Segment needed physicality.

Disappointed there was no Bryan. He could've refreshed the same old Survivor Series 7 man shuffle.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how the dig themselves out of the hole they dug on Monday.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I didn't catch the first 90 or so minutes of Raw last night because I was covering a basketball game, so I might have missed something then, but that last segment ... my God.

Can we seriously not get something original in this story? Last night would have been a great time to turn Cena heel, with him saying getting Rowan, Ziggler and The Big Guy fired was the plan all along -- or some such thing. But no. The four just stand in the ring, awkwardly staring at each other.

And Steph's acting during the final segment? Nails on a chalkboard bad.

7. Baron Scicluna

The firings are also so unrealistic. Does anyone believe that the three of them are fired? They'll be back next week, or in two weeks. Vince or somebody will bring them in.

ALTHOUGH ... it would be really pretty cool if a fired Ziggler came through the crowd and won the Rumble. A fired man as a Rumble winner could be interesting. That, or a fired man coming in and winning the MITB briefcase. Think of it this way, fired guy wins the briefcase, Authority/Owners/GM/Whomever, say that he's fired and cannot wrestle. Fired guy takes briefcase with him, and disappears for a few months, until one day, when he cashes it in and wins the title. Bosses complain that he's fired, but Fired guy points out that the contract states the winner gets the title shot, fired or no fired, and that they can either reinstate him, or he'll just defend the belt in TNA, ROH and Japan.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Gotta love Ziggler selling it on his Twitter account, posting that he's signed with TNA

10. Baron Scicluna

It would be awesome if Vince did something similar to what he did with Heyman in ECW and allowed a talent exchange with TNA while still treating them as competition.

Wouldn't make sense, of course, but would still be awesome.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Considering that Michaels wrecked his back landing on a casket from a lower height, that can't be too good.

Either Hardy is crazier than Foley, or somebody fucked up something there.

If he did that on purpose, he's an idiot. Why risk fucking up your back for a few seconds of cheers? He should have fallen feet first and maybe just landed on the steps with his upper body.

Draft saved Draft deleted