1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 12, 2015.

1. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

Let's not forget, not only 4 in a row, but 7 of 11; pretty damn remarkable. 7 of 11.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tony doesn't recognize Tigers accomplishments, he thinks he should be caddying.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Where did I say that? All I said was that the "fourth-place" was one stroke out of the playoff. Then I said I won't see another such year like that the rest of my life.

But at least your mistake allowed JC to show his racism again.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My racism? Please explain David Duke

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The first play of a racist is to accuse others of racism. I think that's in Chapter 1 of your Alinsky book.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have no history of racists comments on this board, my apologies.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2000 will never be topped.
    People knew coming into the tournament that they were playing for 2nd.
    Tiger won The Open by 8, and the US Open by 15, and the PGA in a playoff.

Spieth won the Masters by 4, and the US Open by 1.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was at the 2000 US Open. There never had been and never will be a dominant performance to equal it. Woods not only won by 15, he was the only player under par. They don't set up the Open at Pebble for birdies. Actually, Spieth's performances in the majors this year remind me more of Jack in his prime. He didn't blow the field away, yet still created a sense of inevitability around him.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tiger's putting at that Pebble Beach US Open was incredible. I can't think of a better performance, although that twisting 40-footer he made to win his last Amateur should have been a clue.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was away from the TV all weekend, and I love CBS' coverage....so I recorded it.

Nantz' intro with Rory, Phil, Day, Spieth, Nicklaus, Player, Tiger, etc, etc, as kids...........Very Very cool.

And you know it's big when they drag Uncle Verne out of Steamboat Springs.

12. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

Damn, I'm rooting for Day to at least reach Gary Player status now (too late for Tiger level.) For a guy to even notice that about the writer shows how Day values that guy as a human being.

Draft saved Draft deleted