1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Heisman. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 8, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Never said any of those things. I think he is deserving. I think McCaffrey is more deserving, and it will be a close race. Henry is a very good running back, but part of his numbers are due to the fact they fed him the ball so much (for good reason). No harm in that. I just think McCaffrey is a more versatile player. What exactly is it you are looking for here?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Henry has 20 more carries this season than McCaffrey (339 to 319). Their yards per carry is about the same (5.9 to 5.8).

He has 10 more TDs (23 to 13).

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Also have similar yards, total (which makes sense having nearly similar carries and YPC :)) . McCaffery has slightly better yards from scrimmage average (7.0 vs 6.5), thanks to being a much bigger factor in the passing game (41 rec 540 yards, 13.2 avg to 10/97/9.7). And of course he was a major weapon in the kicking game. He was 6th in the nation in kickoff return average. Though he didn't do much in the punting game.

For me, they have fairly similar rate stats, but McCaffery being a bigger factor in the kickoff and receiving game gives him the edge. But, just one man's opinion.

4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

The best player I saw this year was Leonard Fournette. Since he is not a finalist, my vote - if I had one - would be for Henry by a slim margin over McCaffery.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

After the SEC title game, during his postgame interview on the field, I was struck by how friggin huge Henry is. Then I realized he was standing next to Saban, who's like 5-6. Still, I wouldn't want to square up with that guy.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A real Grayson Allen.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fournette is a stud. Henry will probably get it as the best player on arguably the best team. I'd like to see McCaffery get it, if only because he was valuable in more roles.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McCaffery seems like a bigger Danny Woodhead, who's had a solid NFL career.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

YES! Another Woodhead comparison!

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I also see a lot of Michael Vick, Charlie Ward and perhaps a little Randall Cunningham in Deshaun Watson.

LongTimeListener and JackReacher like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Better pro career.....Fournette or Henry?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The white guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted