1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Heisman. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 8, 2015.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since it's ESPN's baby, they could do whatever they want. One minute highlight reel, two minute interview x 5? That's 15 minutes. Throw in a four minute open, and a final segment to announce the winner and grab and interview, that still gives you 10 minutes to play around with.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It would have been sweet if the Navy QB had been invited.

They had already worked out a helicopter landing on the field and were going to whisk him to the ceremony.

That would have been freaking awesome.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Player and game highlights are all over YouTube and the Internet in general. In 2015 there is no excuse other than laziness for any Heisman voter to have not seen any of the candidates.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Distant? Third? No chance. He either wins or is a close second. I hope he wins, but I'd be surprised. I've seen him a few times, and he's very good. But the three other folks in the office in the Toy department had never seen him play. How can a guy break that record and NOT win it? Though Henry has put up some great stats as well. I was certain he clinched it Saturday until I saw McCaffrey's night.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

They can make it work with five players on the show. If they want to.

6. JackReacher

Current odds on Bovada....

Henry -600
    McCaffrey +400
    Watson +1600

Henry is probably going to win, and comfortably, but I'm wondering....with the Heisman voters sworn to secrecy now, is a bet on McCaffrey worth it? It was so much easier to set the odds a few years ago before the secrecy pact, which is hot garbage in my opinion.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm going with McCaffrey.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Henry. I don't think it will be close either.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I might put a small sum of money on McCaffrey if he's getting +400. He's getting a good amount of buzz coming off his Pac-12 title game performance. Might be some value in that bet.

That said, I don't think he will win. I hope he does. He's who I would vote for. But SEC running backs were the hotness this season, and Henry came out on top of that field.

10. JackReacher

Nice. I hope you win. I don't have enough faith in the voters to put a bet on McCaffrey, but I do hope he wins.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't know who I'd vote for, leaning toward Henry, but I do think Watson should be getting more consideration than he is. I suspect if he played for FSU (or in the SEC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 12) and had the season he did, while leading an undefeated team, the award would be all but his at this point.

12. JackReacher

He quarterbacked the No. 1 team in the country, which is also undefeated.

Draft saved Draft deleted