1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Warriors are 9-5-1 ATS and are favored by an average of 9.9 ppg thus far.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's Insider content so I didn't read it, but the ESPN headline was intriguing: Which happens first, the Warriors lose or the 76ers win?

Warriors (15-0) host Lakers tomorrow, then go to Phoenix on Friday, home for Sacramento on Saturday, then they have a seven-game trip beginning Nov. 30 that you have to figure they lose one.

Sixers (0-14) have four more on the road, then get the Lakers at home Dec. 1.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Roadie in late Nov./Early December is a beaut: Nov. 30-Dec. 12 at Utah, Charlotte, Toronto, Brooklyn (back-to-back), Indiana, Boston, Milwaukee (back to back).

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When they get tired they outside shots will start to be a little off. I have a feeling they will lose some games that would not be expected because of fatigue.

I would also start shaving minutes on the starters for the playoffs.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

@RJinVegas: #Warriors -17.5 hosting #Lakers on Tuesday. Last 20+ NBA seasons, favorites by more than 17 points: 64-0

Edit: that's straight up 64-0. Not ATS. Dammit.

6. LongTimeListener

So BTW, 16-0 happened in about the most anti-climactic fashion possible. Hope the peeps who paid $250 for SRO enjoyed the Warriors leading 30-11 after one quarter and 89-55 after three!

And there was this from Kobe: "I could've scored 80 tonight. It wouldn't have made a damn difference."

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I assume they knew the opponent when they paid for the $250 ticket. I imagine they enjoyed every minute of it.

8. LongTimeListener

Maybe, but it sure sounded dead on the TV. Normally that place is rocking every night.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Noticed the same thing. But when the Lakers roll over and play dead seconds after the tipoff, what's to get excited about? Awful doesn't begin to describe them. And watching Kobe is painful, like watching Peyton Manning this season or Willie Mays in his final season.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Jalil Okafor in a video recorded fight with a heckler outside of a bar. Even worse: Reportedly he was involved in a prior altercation with a heckler in which said heckler pointed a gun at him.

Sounds like he's really taking the losing thing in stride so far.

11. LongTimeListener

Warriors up 75-57 on Suns at halftime. Scored 44 in the first quarter.

They're 15 of 20 from 3, and the 15 in a half are an NBA record. Curry 27 pts, 7-9 from 3.

12. LongTimeListener

Final tally 22 three-pointers, one short of the NBA record, in a 135-116 victory. Curry had 41 and didn't even play the fourth quarter. (The Warriors are so dominating that Curry hasn't played in the fourth quarter in the last three games.)

17 in a row, looks like it will get to 20 at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted