1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Series thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 21, 2014.

1. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Dear Hunter Strickland,

It's not Sal Perez who cut the plate in half with that fastball. Get off the mound and yell at the man in the mirror.
    Have fun sitting out the rest of the series, Mr. Gopher Ball.

Hell they may need Lincecum in that spot going forward. Bochy cannot trust that guy.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yep. Thrilled for ex and can't wait to hear the tale of his night.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Exactly, shut the fuck up Strickland. We still had a chance until you turned this into a laugher. Go sit the fuck down, asshole.

ExMediaHack, in my being overly pissed right now, I don't want to forget to tip my cap to you. You're watching a helluva game from your perspective and I am hating every minute of it.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Even if he was supposedly yelling at himself, stay on the mound. Don't walk halfway between third and the plate like a jerkoff.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's going to be a long road back to the majors, I think. Weeks like these can damage a guy.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Lincecum probably just wanted to sit back and burn one, now he may have to come in and pitch.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's the new Byung-Hyun Kim.

8. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

True. I can think of one guy who killed at least 3 teams in late innings. I'm sure Orioles, Mets and Giants fans remember the immortal Armando Benitez?

I don't think he ever got over Bernie Williams taking him deep in '98, and then the superb brawl that came afterward.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That 2-0 pitch was a ball. The umpire calls it a strike, then the batter flies out. After two walks, one bad strike call really changed the inning.

And I say that as someone who is most definitely pulling for the Royals.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He reminds me of his fellow Georgian - John Rocker. Both hot heads.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Man, Daryl Strawberry came from out of nowhere to clock Benitez right near the dugout in that brawl.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I've missed most of the game because FOX is down on my cable provider. DIY channel, Bravo, SyFy, all manner of crappy networks are working fine. But I can't watch the GD World Series because Dish blows.

Draft saved Draft deleted