1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 World Series thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. Rusty Kuntz.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Easy on the name calling, Corroded Dick. :D

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can I just throw this out there—and please read this with Allen Iverson's voice in your head—we're not talking about the World Series on the World Series thread, we're talking about video games. Feels like a microcosm of how everyone outside of the Bay Area and Kansas City is looking at this series.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't see that attribution either. It's the reporter speaking. And I certainly don't see, as you said earlier, that "the players specifically refer to the fact that it was taking away from time spent on advanced scouting."

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Red Sox wouldn't have choked if they were eating marijuana pancakes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I love this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglOsfErtaE

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Joe Sheehan on James Shields:

-- James Shields is a free agent after the season. Forget last night or any of the other poor starts in this postseason -- I would not touch him. Shields' primary traits are durability and the ability to throw strikes. That's a good pitcher to have around, someone worth signing as a #3 for #3 years and money -- Edwin Jackson's 4/52 contract, adjusted for inflation, perhaps. Shields, however, continues to be lumped in with Max Scherzer and Jon Lester, pitchers who can front good teams' rotations. If it takes a five-year deal, if it takes $20 million per, I want no part of Shields. He's spent the last seven years of his career pitching in terrific environments for pitchers -- great parks, great defenses -- and I don't want to pay to see what happens when he leaves those.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Joe Sheehan does not have Clay Buchholz as his current number one starter. If he did, he might have a different perspective.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Arte Moreno just got out his checkbook.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

If Reynolds gets a few more games under his belt, he can go down as worse than McCarver. When Crawford booted a ball, Reynolds said it was due to the read he got off a broken bat.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kansas Citians in the crowd -- when did Oklahoma Joe's become a big deal? When I was around there (early '90s), it was all Gates and Arthur Bryant's. Now I see tons of mentions of the new place.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

So who's t he goof in the Marlins gear sitting in the front row behind the plate? Last night, he spent half the game looking down at his phone. Also saw him doing tomahawk chops.

Draft saved Draft deleted