1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Steelers Playoff Run Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 23, 2014.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not to nit pick, but the Rams lost that game by 11, not six or seven.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They were up 19-14 after 3.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of the best things that may have happened to The Steelers this year is Jarvis Jones going down
    and James Harrison returning to replace him. At 36 Harrison has been amazing

4. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

I just deleted a ton of bickering/trolling/baiting posts. I also temporarily banned several posters.

Two wrongs do not make a right, so even if you weren't the instigator, if you're contributing, you might earn yourself a temporary vacation. The right way to respond is just report the post.

I am serious about cutting down on trolling, and will not hesitate to first do temporary bans, and if those don't work, permanent bans.

5. Boom_70

Steelers / Ravens going to be a war as usual. Steelers peaking at right time although
    Bell injury sets them back a bit. Would have been nice if Blount was still around.

Have to admit, I was wrong about Todd Haley. He has completely transformed Steeler
    offense. Big Ben now has a lot of options and his ability to extends plays is huge.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ravens can't keep getting off to a slow start. Flacco needs to come up big for four quarters, not just two late drives.

7. Boom_70

That's where they miss Ray Rice in short passing game that helped Flacco build some momentum. Steeler
    pass rush will be a problem for Ravens

8. Boom_70

???

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was attempting to tweak a fellow poster. I deleted it, but now that I read the new site owner's admonition, I will accept my punishment like a man, when it inevitably arrives today.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You can delete posts now?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes. You have to tender a valid reason, however.

12. Even with injury to Bell, I really, really like the Steelers chances at making the Super Bowl.
    With Bell back they are even better.
    That said, facing the Ravens w/o Bell is a scary prospect. Not because of his rushing or pass-catching ability but for pass protection against Ngata, Suggs, Mosley and the blitz packages. A 170-pound Dri Archer isn't much of a cushion to protect Roethlisberger. I think Harris will do well as a running back. But again, blitz pick up is the concern.

I think the Steelers offense can best anybody in the AFC right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted