1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You get the PPVs live as they air. Raw and Smackdowns will be up after they air though.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YES!

... although I wouldn't mind an Apple TV app so I don't have to screw with doing AirPlay. Not a deal breaker though.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I haven't seen all the details yet, but a friend of mine was wondering if they'd do like Netflix and charge you per month. With the six-month commitment thrown in, I'm not sure what they'll do.

4. Bradley Guire

I have no cable, so between $10 for this, $8 for Netflix, and $8 for Hulu Plus, I still spend less than $30 for TV. I probably watch more wrestling than anything else. I don't know if that's healthy, but it sure as hell won't get any better once I put my money on the barrel head.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sadly, it looks like we won't get to see Stephanie McMahon get her ass kicked for Mae Young's 100th birthday. Mae was taken off life support today, which can't be good news.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10035187.shtml

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

$10/month and you get the PPVs live? That's really tempting.

That's basically the Rumble and Wrestlmania in price, and that's what I usually buy anyway.

7. Bradley Guire

So Mark Henry will be a widower soon? And the hand an orphan?

(Too soon?)

Anyway, I noticed that the classic shows are advertised as uncut, so ... Benoit?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

According to several reports out there, yes, they will show Benoit. But they will put a disclaimer with it.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be signing up. So is the six-month commitment all billed at once, so it's $60 bucks in February and then starts monthly billing when those six months are up?

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Thinking back to Jake Roberts' return last Monday ... if they can bring Scott Hall back in similar shape for next year's Old School Raw (or sooner), I think the arena would erupt, since so many people have seen his fall and his stories (the E:60 piece, Bryant Gumbel on HBO).

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At least according to a Slam magazine interview from August, he's open to a WWE return, like as a commentator: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2013/10/15/21197861.html - I wonder if he'd be good at that. Kevin Nash has done some broadcasting stints and always come off as really well-spoken, but I also think he mentioned at some point that the money wasn't as good as what he could get for his limited Hollywood work and other stuff.

Also, Hall's son Cody looks to be a big strong bastard - http://triblive.com/sports/prowrestling/4278105-74/cody-hall-wrestling#axzz2ptMUmlB9 - So it would be shocking if the two weren't back with the WWE as a package deal at some point.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

According to wwenetwork.com's FAQ, you have to make the six month commitment, but still pay 9.99 on a monthly recurring basis.

Draft saved Draft deleted