1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Decadent

Decadent New Member

I'll guess Steelers vs. Raiders, 1972 playoffs.

2. I'll guess 1990 49ers-Cowboys regular season match up.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't have a single game, but I'd guess one of the Colts-Packers games from 1960-1965. Pack had like nine Hall of Famers, and the Colts had plenty, too.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Some of the Packers-Cowboys games -- including the Ice Bowl -- could be candidates.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do Pro Bowls count?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would assume not.

I was thinking one of the meetings of the Steelers and Cowboys in the Super Bowl in the '70s would be up there.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Post-1974 Steelers and the Raiders or the Cowboys would be good choices along with Lombardi's Packers.

Bills/49ers or Bills/Cowboys could be in there as well.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The 1971 Cowboys sneakily had a ton of Hall-of-Famers because Mike Ditka, Forrest Gregg, Lance Alworth and Herb Adderley were on that team after making their names elsewhere.

They also had Roger Staubach, Rayfield Wright, Bob Lilly, Mel Renfro and Bob Hayes in their primes.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In that case, Steak, maybe it's Super Bowl VI, as the Dolphins also wound up with a mess of Hall of Famers. Griese, Csonka, Warfield, Little, Buonoconti and Langer.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That's the answer. Good work.
    The famous Oilers meltdown in Buffalo had nine future Hall of Famers in the house.
    Seven on the field. Kelly was injured and Ralph Wilson was up in the owner's box.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If anyone has been following the Bay Area corruption case aimed at Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow and including, gun-running and other charges against a state senator, another cool name surfaced during the investigation: Joe Montana.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/FBI-reportedly-eyed-Joe-Montana-then-dropped-5452708.php

Whatever they were looking at was a dead end, but according to this report, keeping Montana's name out of it is one reason a judge is issuing a protective order about the release of certain evidence. Story also notes that Joe Cool's current partner in a hotel development is a convicted felon.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thank God Greg Hardy is accused of beating his lover heterosexually. Otherwise this could be a real problem.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926504/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-arrested-suspicion-domestic-violence

Draft saved Draft deleted