1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Mooch was a candidate to replace Schottenheimer in San Diego. That's the last time I remember his name coming up for a NFL job. I know it's come up several times for college jobs.

I think he likes the TV gig and he's good at it.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am too. Doubt it will happen now though. He is good on TV. Will age right into
    the Lee Corso - funny ex Big 10 Italian HC role. Always willing to play the foil to
    the other NFL hosts.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They managed to squeeze in two disastrous coaching searches in a very short time, though I see your point about not giving them enough time. To me, the bigger mistake was letting them hire another coach before cutting them loose.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Got a helluva lot better today.

Cleveland's been a dumping ground for 5 years now full of guys who were either beyond their prime or not half the coach they thought they were. At least Farmer and Pettine don't walk in for an emeritus phase.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are really quiet, you can almost hear the laughter from Pittsburgh.

The only real surprise is that they didn't wait until two weeks before the draft to do this.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Only two other AFC Central coaches have been fired in the division in the last 15 years - Dick LeBeau and Brian Billick.
    The browns go thru em like underwear.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think ANY AFC Central coaches have been fired since 2001 ... after which they did away with the AFC Central.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He still makes a good point.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's been about that long since any XFL coaches have been fired as well.

10. Mizzougrad96

And Billick lasted a decade.

11. Mizzougrad96

Weeden wants to be traded. More importantly, if I'm a QB who is in danger of being drafted by the Browns I pull an Eli or an Elway and refuse to go there under any circumstances. I usually hate when players do that, but would anyone blame them?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'd love to see what they could get for Weeden and his 40 year old body.

Draft saved Draft deleted