1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think Leinart ran out of characters. He meant to say, "Put 7 years in, pretty sure that's 7 more than 99% of the world thought I should have gotten."

2. The Saints arrived at The Greenbrier, in White Sulphur Springs WV, yesterday. They were greeted by fans.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a photoshop job. Poor kid with the seven-inch torso holding the other half of the sign.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Why don't you go back and see who initiated what, here. Follow the trail.
    Hint: It's almost always the same person starting it.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It takes two to tango. We get it. You guys can't stand each other. Not sure why we all have to be witnesses to your domestic squabbles.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

I was having an exchange with someone else before Vizzini barged into it with his weak flames.
    And I was on topic.
    Hey, I wish I didn't have to bear witness to shallow football commentary.
    We all suffer here in one way or another.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'll admit I had to Google Vizzini, but I like it!

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shame on you for having to Google Vezzini.

Of course, Fart Boy jumps at the excuse to start taking potshots again after the mod told him to stop.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

He is -totally- Vizzini.

Here's the scene for corroboration.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0

10. 3_Octave_Fart

It was a point of clarification.
    We can go back to discussing the Steelers whenever you wish.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Truly, he has a dizzying intellect. :)

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm tired of hearing that Russell Wilson is a "game manager" from little boys who base their NFL knowledge off fantasy football only. I've watched a ton of tape on Wilson this offseason, and that dude is so fun to watch. He has such a feel for the game. Yes, Carroll is the perfect coach for him and yes it is nice to have that defense and running game. But I'm all in on him. He has the rare ability to know what his limitations are and when to push the ball down the field and when to scramble a bit and create space to throw somewhere when the play breaks down. I don't care that he's an weirdly aggressive Mars Hill Christian or that the rumors about Golden Tate maybe hooking up with his wife are all kind of weird, I'm all in on him as a player. Give me him over any young guy other than Luck.

That's my two bourbon rant. Some joker on my talk radio is talking about how Jay Cutler and Matt Stafford are better QBs and I'm annoyed.

Draft saved Draft deleted