1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 16, 2014.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Re: 2014 NCAA Selection Sunday thread

Forget all that crap I talked about my alma mater on the NCAA regular season thread ...

Worthy or not, Iowa's in the tourney, baby. Tennessee, UMass, Duke ... line 'em up! :D

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think the selection committee did a pretty credible job this season. No obvious snubs, no unworthy inclusions (N.C. State is probably the shakiest, but you can certainly make a case), no horrible over/underseedings (though I think Louisville is definitely better than a 4). Virginia's a bit of a surprise at 1, but that fourth 1 was going to be a crapshoot no matter what.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

SMU's non-conference strength of schedule was No. 302, and they only beat four teams in the RPI Top 100.

Best as I can tell, the last team that was ranked on Selection Sunday to get snubbed happened 10 years ago (Utah State). There may have been a couple of MVC teams since then that were high RPI and left out anyway, but I don't know if they were ranked or not.

4. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I've got a Kansas, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Louisville Final Four. In other words, no 1 seeds. Don't know how things will play out, but I'm fairly certain I'll be wrong.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tennessee ran one No. 1 out of the gym, and gave another No. 1 its biggest scare in weeks on Saturday...has an RPI of 42 and yet gets a play-in game?

SEC haters rejoice.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm quite certain of that as well.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Little surprised that Stephen F. Got so much love.

An absolutely horseshit schedule and no wins of any note.

And book it, Eastern Kentucky or Mercer will win. I wouldn't be shocked to see both of them win.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yes! Dipshit Herpes has kansas in the Final 4!

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The committee did not do the Shockers any favors with that bracket. They might have to go Kentucky, Louisville, and Duke just to make the Final Four.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Gregg Marshall thinks none of them are worthy.

11. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Florida, Virginia, Creighton, Michigan. Virginia and Michigan in final, Michigan winning. Damned impressed with UVA.
    Although I'm sweating Wichita St. and Oklahoma St...the latter until I think how Ford can't win close games.

12. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

That was the big boys in the board room taking a collective shit on the Shockers.

Draft saved Draft deleted