1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Clippers by 40 over the Warriors.

May have been last year or the year before where talk was about Griffing being a one-dunk pony but he has really polished the rough edges. Good to see him become so dominant. It would be nice to see the Clippers put it together in the playoffs at least once in my lifetime. It would be fun to see them in the Finals.

Quick tangent. Jabari Parker wrote about why he's going pro. Pretty strong writer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140417/jabari-parker-declares-for-nba-draft/

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You know those years where it's an inevitable march to the finals by a team or two? This isn't one of them. The West is so evenly matched. And the East, which looked to be the Heat-Pacers show, tightened up considerably in the last few weeks.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Clips simply dominated last night and never allowed the W's to get into the game after the 1st. The W's bench got dominated which simply led to the avalanche. The Clips were unconscious in the 2nd and 3rd periods; I do not expect that to last.

Griffin was good last night.

I'm worried about the W's getting complacent with a split but after losing 2 there during the regular season, not a bad accomplishment. Here's hoping the '07 crowds reappear Thurs night (last year was pretty good too).

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Parker seems like a good kid, but he comes off pretty damn narcissistic here. That article could have been one word long: "Money." No need for contrived hand-wringing.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Warriors can't ride Curry in the postseason the way they did during the regular season.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

why assume this was written by him? Couldn't have been written by his agents office, a PR firm or a UNC academic advisor?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's my vote. Maybe the Pacers are playing to their true level? Roy Hibbert was an All-Star for exactly half-a-season. George Hill? Nice player. Not a superstar.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone from UNC wrote it.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When is the last time the lower seed won the first two road games in an NBA series?

And why are the Bulls wearing a patch to honor Reinsdorf's son? It isn't like he had anything to do with the team. And did they ever release the cause of death?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My first thought was that it would be hilarious if it was a patch for Derrick Rose. Too bad his middle name doesn't start with a J.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Utah won its first two road games in 2008, but was the higher seed. Played on the road because Houston had the better record. You'd have to go back farther to find a lower seed winning the first two.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Wizards did have the best road record in the east(tied with Mia &Tor)

Draft saved Draft deleted