1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NASCAR running thread - Brian France idiot edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Come on, give those fans some credit, will you? They were ready to give him the championship before the race even started.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I just could not hang on for the duration but I'm happy for Junior.

Let me preface the following statement with this: Michael Waltrip is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and gave me a heck of one-on-one interview a few years back.

However, he was a little too much for me to take on the telecast starting with his run through pit row. Thought Danica had the best comeback for one of his questions. Then, he's back on set early in the delay. Just a bit much for me from a guy who is actually driving in the race.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've always liked Waltrip, but he is definitely a guy who knows where the camera is at all times.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One of the weird things about NASCAR is that it's arguably most visible race is the first one of the season. No other sport I can think of does that.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I understand the rationale behind the Chase for the Championship format, just like golf's FedEx Cup.

What I don't understand is why those races also include cars that didn't qualify for the Chase. If you don't make the cut, why are you in the field?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There would be worse things done to NASCAR than flipping the last race of the year with the first race of the year. Run the Daytona 500 in November, championship on the line - of course they won't do it because winning Daytona is like the lottery.

8. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Speaking of Mulhern -- where is the guy? He hasn't updated his website since last year's Homestead race ...

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

NASCAR brings out the Satan in some people.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140317/NEWS03/303170063/Police-Woman-drives-through-church-stabs-husband-altar-blames-devil-?nclick_check=1

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Judging by one of his top stories from that weekend, it sure reads like a retirement piece.

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Yep, he's retired ... just heard from a mutual friend ... guess he finally ran out of money from his buyout ...

12. The husband will hands-down win all the future "My Crazy Ex" stories/debates.

They kind of buried the real reason she went nuts ... LOTS of smoke.

BTW: Crazy chick looks like a 6.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted