1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Wade Barrett, or some other young guy who hasn't had a run with one of the big belts yet.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'd kinda like to see Sheamus win the title back from Big Show and Bryan win the Rumble to set up a shot at redemption for Bryan. Of course, that would mean Sheamus would have to turn heel or we'd get face vs. face. Unless they have Bryan go back to full-on heel.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The ridiculously predictable way: Rock beatsPunk for title, Cena wins Rumble. Zzzzzz

The slightly more fun way: Punk retains, maybe by DQ after The SHield interferes. Shield, plus Rock, plus Cena (in one of those "we hate each other, but we'll team up against others shit") in EC, with Rock winning by pinning a Shield guy. Punk then can say that he never lost to end his long title reign, and demands respect, bringing out Taker, and eventually setting Punk and Cena up post-WM. Rumble winner: Ziggler, who announces he wants two title shots at whoever the World title holder is.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

One of two things is going to happen:

1. Cena wins the Rumble, possibly after drawing a really early number (underdog Cena!)
    2. The Miz wins the Rumble and wrestles Dolph for the title The Big Show currently has? I dunno.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Oh, it'll be the same shit we've seen. SuperCena the underdog, who has 12 world title reigns mind you, will overcome the odds somehow to win the Rumble. The most unlikely champion ever - did I mention he's a 12-time world champion? - will once again do the unthinkable when he fights for the WWE title in the final main event at Wrestlemania, which he has never done unless you count 21, 22, 23, 27, and 28.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's a good reason Orton's been on the back burner. It's in Chapter 12, Subsection 3, Paragraph 17 of the WWE Wellness Policy.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

So, curious about the buzz over "Zero Dark Thirty," I'm reading up on the bin Laden death raid from the most reliable source I can find, Wikipedia. An interesting foot note came to light: On the day that President Obama was announced to make some kind of announcement, one of the first people to leak the information was The Dwayne.

Now, if that's true, how the blue monkey hell does that happen? I mean, of all the people to leak some highly sensitive information about one of the biggest military operations of contemporary times, and someone tells The fucking Rock? How does this happen?

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus win the title back from Big Show at Elimination Chamber, then have Cesaro vs Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He probably said to a higher-up, "I've got two people who I want to layeth the smacketh down on their candy-ass. And that's John Cena and Osama Bin Laden." And the higher-up said, "Um, about that list ..."

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Would not be surprised to see Ryback win the Rumble and start a program with Big Show. Not sure how Ziggler fits in, though I would wager more that the writers find some way to push Ryback and bury Ziggler one more time.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My hope is that Ziggler holds on to the MITB briefcase until WrestleMania and cashes it in after the World title match that night. The only way I see this happening is if someone like Orton or Sheamus has the strap at that point. Could be an amazing Mania moment so, chances are, the WWE writers will have Ziggler cash it in and lose on WWE Main Event.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

CM Punk > Everyone else

Draft saved Draft deleted