1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

If his experience was anything like mine, he's probably pissed his kid had to go to the bathroom with 20 minutes left.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought of that. But I figured that since he enjoys so much PG right now, that he'd want an escape from it for a few hours.

Either that, or he was mad because Disney stole his idea for a heel turn.

3. Anybody see the promo Punk/Big E/Cena cut on Raw tonight? Loved it. Old school cheesy, really hamming it up. Got a kick out of that.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seemed like they were going for a lot of the cheesy this week because of the holiday. At least this year, they mixed up the wins between the faces and heels. Last year, the faces won every match.

Since I figured they wouldn't go nuts with the serious stuff this week, still an entertaining show. I missed the part. From what I understand, Darren Young caught the R-Truth Disease (i.e. fucking up the name of the city they're in).

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

It's not Christmas if creative doesn't have a guy a week into a face turn mow down Santa with a car, then have SuperCena avenge Santa. In fact, The E should do this every year as a running gag.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

In case anyone didn't watch Good Santa v. Bad Santa last night, they announced Batista's return on the Jan. 20 Raw, the one right before the Rumble. I hope they have something better in mind than "Batista is chummy with The Authority, Randy Orton gets paranoid that he's getting pushed out before his title defense against Cena, Batista helps Orton win at Rumble, The Authority declares Orton the Face of the WWE again while Orton says he fooled his detractors, Batista is included in the Elimination Chamber match, Orton gets paranoid that he's getting pushed out, et al ..."

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Batista returning does nothing for me. He's only coming back to promote his movie and will only be around a few months before disappearing again.

And I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think he'll get the "hey, a familiar face from the past!" reaction and that'll carry him for the first few months. Plus I could see him having fun matches with Punk and Bryan, particularly Bryan if he reprises his bully heel character. But it won't last, which is why it's a good thing he's not coming back long-term. Jericho gets pretty good reactions on his returns, but by the end, you remember that he's really a B+ kinda guy and not someone you're hot and heavy for getting a long push at the top of the card.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I thought RAW was pretty good last night. Opened with the Punk-Rollins match that was really damn good.

Lesnar coming back was cool, as was the spot with Henry. They were talking it up like Henry was injured, I hope that it's just the sell job and that Mark isn't actually hurt, but that's what they do when they have to sideline guys for a bit. That wall spot and the F5 were awesome.

The Daniel Bryan storyline with the Wyatts just got weird though. Bryan's now turning into a family member? I was impressed with Luke I think, that guy is big and he can work. He and Bryan had a great match.

10. They advertised Punk vs. Reigns next week. That seems like a waste to me. I feel like that could be a PPV caliber matchup if built right. Though I will admit I like how they've built the Punk vs. Shield thing where each guy gets a crack.

Draft saved Draft deleted