1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NHL Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Al and Dino being Al and Dino:

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

What a hack.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Detroit just blew a 4-1 lead. Tied with 2:22 left.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Montreal's Brandon Prust calls Ottawa coach Paul MacLean a "bug-eyed fat walrus". Gotta love it!!

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not sure Lundqvist can play any better than he did today. If there was ever a feeling of "stealing" a home win, that was it for the Caps. Hanky was just filthy. Stopping everything. But they were buzzing when McDonough flipped it over the glass and Caps took advantage. Big win.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Leafs beat Boston 4-2 tonight.

To give you an idea how crazy Toronto is, here's the reaction at Maple Leaf Square

.be

Toronto will be crazy on Monday for game three

Leafs dominated Bruins tonight

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Thus far, the Eastern Conference has been more difficult to get a read on. I have no idea what to expect in the Ottawa-Montreal or Boston-Toronto series. I do think Pittsburgh will get its act back together --- Crosby looked great on Friday despite the loss --- and beat the Islanders in five. And I'm not giving up on the Rangers, either. They could well win twice this week at MSG.

The hitting and body checks in the St. Louis-LA game have been insane. LA needs to win; they've played far too well to go down 0-3. Be real interested to see if Vancouver tries to get chippy against San Jose on Sunday.

I still think Chicago is the best team and the Cup winner comes out of the west.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Caps are gonna win the whole joint. Sorry, Cosmo. I SAID IT!!!!

(I know nothing and you should not take anything I say about hockey seriously)

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not sure if it would work out with the seedings, but just for all the longtime hockey fans on this board — and elsewhere — I'm hoping for a Toronto-Montreal matchup at some point.

I'm one of those "start watching during the playoffs" NHL fans, and I liked what I saw from the Blackhawks in the third period Friday night. We'll see if they can keep attacking in Minnesota.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Like having a breakaway and facing an empty net.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thing I've been most impressed with re: Caps is their defense, honestly. They're very sound on the back end. Rangers have had very few odd-man rushes. The first 10 minutes Monday at MSG are going to be hell for Washington. If the Rangers don't get off to a fast start, they're going to be in a lot of trouble. They need some sort of confidence on the offensive end. I still think the Caps weathered the best Lundqvist has to offer and still came away with a win.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Fucking Penguins.

Draft saved Draft deleted