1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL Schedule Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 18, 2013.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I saw Rex Ryan's rant on this subject today, and I'm thinking, "why should the Orioles let themselves be pushed around just so the NFL can have its little party?" The O's figure to be in the pennant race and they'll need all the home games they can get in September. The Sept. 5 game is the first of a key 8-game home stand, with the White Sox coming in, so it should be two contending teams, and thus should draw a decent crowd. Sorry, but Selig and MLB got this one right.

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

Jaguars play three games in Jacksonville before the middle of November.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, of course. Do you really want to subject the entire nation to Bears-Cardinals? Or Bears-Chiefs?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

For the most part, it is pretty well impossible to predict in April what November or December games will be meaningful. Every year, we see teams flop and others exceed expectations. Heck, last spring the Colts, Redskins and Vikings were picking in the top four of the draft.... and all of them made the playoffs.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I predict the Cowboys will be 8-4 after the glorious Turkey Day gobbling of the Raidahs.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I know the stadiums in Baltimore are right next to one another, but who cares if the Orioles are home at the same time? So what if parking is a mess? Fans will find their way.

Draft saved Draft deleted