1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NFL draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's that time of year. South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore trying to be the next Willis McGahee, it seems:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8732298/marcus-lattimore-south-carolina-gamecocks-enter-nfl-draft-source

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Re: 2013 NFL draft/early entry running thread: Marcus Lattimore the first one in

I wish him nothing but the best, but wonder this: How long will it be before he can pass an NFL physical?

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Re: 2013 NFL draft/early entry running thread: Marcus Lattimore the first one in

I saw this and figured he just wants to get paid. He said he feels NFL trainers will get him back on track better than college trainers, but I'm not buying it. College football does nothing for your wallet.

Where does he go? Third round?

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Certainly can't blame him. I won't even hazzard a guess on his draft ranking. Too much unknown.

5. Steak Snabler

I know one thing ... I hire Drew Rosenhaus as my agent if I'm him.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He might be the slimiest son of a bitch on the planet, but if I needed a cut throat agent, Rosenhaus would certainly get the call.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Thought the exact same thing.

I think he goes late second round to a team that can afford to take a bit of a risk (Niners, Packers, Pats, Giants...)

8. Mizzougrad96

Others have declared, among them Honey Badger, Keenan Allen and a few more...

9. Steak Snabler

That, too. But I meant more in terms of what he pulled with McGahee, who was in a very similar situation to Lattimore when he came out.

Rosenhaus guaranteed McGahee would be a first-round pick, even offering to forego his commission if he wasn't. Then during the draft, ESPN kept going to a live shot of Rosenhaus and McGahee sitting on the couch at home during the first round. Both were constantly on their cell phones, allegedly talking to no one more often than not. The Bills blinked and took McGahee with the 23rd pick, even though he was facing major knee surgery and was set to miss his rookie year while rehabbing.

10. Mizzougrad96

It will be interesting to see if A&M lose any of their talented underclassmen. I've read things that said both tackles would be top 10 picks.

I'll say it again, a QB is not going to be the first pick this year.

11. Steak Snabler

Yeah, forgot about Mathieu, but he's really got no shot to be drafted. Didn't notice Keenan Allen but here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cal-wr-keenan-allen-declare-233909016--ncaaf.html

EDIT: Thread title changed to reflect that Lattimore's not first.

12. Mizzougrad96

It certainly doesn't hurt that McGahee has had a very good career and other backs have come back strong after knee surgery...

Draft saved Draft deleted