1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

At least with a healthy Westbrook, there would be a little drama. Now? Unless Miami suddenly shits the bed -- or Patrick Beverley sideswipes LeBron -- we're killing time til the Heat lift up the championship trophy.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Not sure where to put this..Steve Aschburner reporting one of 'us' is coming back home:

Former NBA head coach Flip Saunders is expected to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves as the team’s next president of basketball operations, NBA.com has learned.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/tag/steve-aschburner/

Small Town Guy, what do we think of this? Much rejoicing throughout the land? Flip is scheduled to do his Flip's Friday Funkadelic show with Barreiro on KFAN later today. https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN

Apologies to all the playoff teams and their followers for inflicting the Timberwolves on this thread.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anybody remember the 1984 Finals? McHale turned in one of the dirtiest and most dangerous plays in playoff history on Rambis -- and got away with it. Celtics won, too.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!!!!

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe with modern replay it's a flagrant-1, but it's hard to tell at game speed. McHale is looking away the whole time.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oh yeah, I remember that.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

As a Thunder fan, let me sum up my feelings:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Also, eat shit, Beverly.

The Thunder are still good enough to win the West, I think, but it's not the nearly foregone conclusion I would have considered it before. Even the Spurs, I don't think, would have gotten more than the two they got last year against them. Now - that will be a heck of a series. But without Westbrook, they'll be lucky to win one against Miami, if they get that far.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They won't beat San Antonio without Westbrook.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Durant will have to average 50 and 25 to even give the Spurs a run.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I disagree. Durant will have to up his averages a bit, but if Jackson can produce 15 pts and 5 assists, a fraction of what Westbrook does, I still think it's a close series. Jackson will be hungry - this is his chance to shine, to step out of Westbrook's shadow. If he plays well, and the Thunder keep winning, he knows that he can likely cash in whenever his current contract expires. I don't think this makes a potential matchup with the Spurs as one-sided as others seem to, though certainly it helps SA.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Jackson will get destroyed by Tony Parker in a series. Or Chris Paul. Or Mike Conley. Or Ty Lawson.

Point being, whatever his flaws, Westbrook is one of the best PGs in the West and can match up with any other at his position. Reggie Jackson could be good someday, but it's a lot to expect him to handle these guys night after night.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I really hate what has happened in the West.

Denver puts together a great season and could be a contender, then Gallinari goes down.

Golden State puts together a very good season and surprises everyone, then David Lee goes down.

Lakers put on 28-12 closing rush and sneak into playoffs. No one would have wanted to play them in the first round. Then Kobe injury happens.

Now Westbrook.

Fuck. Just fuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted