1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 30, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You absolutely suggested it. At least stand by your crap when you are called on it.

Players have faltered early on only to put it together later in their careers as long as people have been playing baseball. To suggest that can only happen through chemical enhancement is simply a display of ignorance on your part.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Charming, yes. Do-or-die situations are like that. But these one-game playoffs also tend to diminish what should have been determined over 162 games and six months.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The 162 games gave you a way out of it, but you failed to achieve it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Still. Having to do it two straight days is a bit much (for me).

5. RickStain

Your enjoyment or lack of it is objectively wrong.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They can do like Florida high schools and play a two-inning tiebreaker jamboree on Monday.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Normally I like the wild card -- it creates excitement, it keeps more teams alive, and it gives the top seed a legitimate advantage beyond just one extra home game.

This year, though, the idea that it could all be naught for the Pirates spoils the fun. Of course, they are facing Dusty Baker in a winner-take-all game, so I like Pittsburgh's chances.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The thing that makes me somewhat confident for the Bucs (other than the Dusty factor) - Liriano has been otherworldly against lefties this year, and the Reds best hitters are left-handed.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Rays-Rangers winner plays Wednesday night.

Only other way is head-to-head record, and baseball has never done that when qualification is on the line.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I went out and ran a couple of errands after I posted that. It suddenly hit me when I was in a line at the bank about that post, and I had one of those inklings that I had screwed up.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it was an America's Cup thing!

Speaking of postseasons, probably time for a new thread, eh? I will start.

12. RickStain

Tonight is still regular season (someone had to say it).

Draft saved Draft deleted