1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 College Football Coaching Carousel thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

USC might be able to attract a better coach than last time since sanctions aren't looming. I'm guessing one of the guys who turned them down last time would take the job this time.

Scott Frost seems like a reach for Nebraska. I can't think of any obvious candidates for that job.

2. Mizzougrad96

That's true. Kelly might still be at Oregon if they didn't have sanctions coming at the time. We could probably say the same thing about Pete Carroll.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LMAO. Like Saban gives a flying rat fuck what a clause in his contract says.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, because everything you've predicted since Saban got to Alabama has proven to be 100 percent accurate. How'd Huizenga's lawsuit against Saban work out?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I didn't think I needed blue font there.

6. Mizzougrad96

It will be interesting to see which names are already out there for the USC job.

I don't think they're going to have as much trouble filling it this time as they did last time.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jack Del Rio is the front-runner, I would think.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pat Haden on Dan Patrick Show this a.m. Should be an interesting conversation.

9. Mizzougrad96

He'd be a really solid hire. I just wonder if they swing for the fences a few times before they hire him. Also, I would think they would want to make some kind of an announcement before late January, early February, when one would presume would be the earliest Del Rio would be free.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Uconn has fired Paul Pasqualoni. Seemed like likely conclusion after bad loses.
    Bet they felt more pressure after Kiffin firing to do something in season.

11. Mizzougrad96

How long until Kiffin has another HC job?

Knowing him, he'll be coaching the Pats next season. :D

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

In the interview, Haden stressed how many scholleys they have to give this year; that makes me think they'll want a coaching staff in place sooner rather than later, which would preclude waiting for an NFL coach like Del Rio.

Draft saved Draft deleted